Whether you’re an individual buying or selling a home or an investor with a passion for real estate projects, you likely will require the services of a real estate attorney sooner or later.
What Real Estate Attorneys Do
Real estate attorneys have special training in and/or have accumulated years of experience in dealing with the various laws associated with real estate. As such, they possess deep knowledge of complicated federal and state real estate laws and can foresee and avert problems and pitfalls you may well not even know exist.
For instance, a real estate law firm Austin TX, can help you in all of the following areas:
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Escrow and closing
- First-party insurance issues
- Code enforcement issues
- Vendor litigation issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity and housing issues
- Property tax protests
Advantages to Engaging a Real Estate Attorney
Most states do not require you to work through an attorney in order to engage in personal endeavors such as the sale or purchase of your own home. However, just because you don’t have to doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t. You are not a real estate expert, but a real estate attorney is. An attorney can, therefore, provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that you have done everything not only legally, but also properly and to your greatest advantage.
Specifically, without the advice and counsel of an experienced real estate attorney, you may not be able to adequately answer such questions as the following:
- Did you get proper title insurance?
- Did you jump through all the necessary hoops when buying a foreclosure property?
- Do you understand all the landlord/tenant issues inherent in buying commercial property?
- Does your commercial lease cover everything it should?
- Do you have the proper insurance to protect you against natural disasters, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc.?
A real estate attorney can be your strongest ally when it comes to wending your way through all the laws and regulations intrinsic to real estate transactions.