It’s summertime and the sun is out in full force. While this may be great for getting your Vitamin D, it can also be tough on your skin. Here are six ways to beat the sun this summer:
1. Stay hydrated: This one is especially important when it’s hot outside. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
2. Sunscreen: Even if you think you’re in the shade, make sure to apply sunscreen. If you are fair-skinned or wear makeup, be sure to put on sunscreen before applying makeup as well. Also, try to stay away from sunscreens that contain Vitamin A. Studies have shown that this ingredient can speed up the development of tumors/lesions. Using organic sunscreen is always a good idea.
3. Light clothing: It’s better to opt for light-colored, loose-fitting clothing when you are outside during the day. This will help protect your skin from harsh sunlight while keeping you cool at the same time!
4. Hats: Wearing a hat with at least a 2-inch brim can help protect your skin from the sun. Make sure to apply sunscreen on areas that might be exposed like the tops of your ears and your nose.
5. Shaded areas: When you are outside, try to stay in the shade when you can. If this isn’t an option, make sure to apply sunscreen.
6. Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses can help protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Make sure that they are labeled as “100% UV Protection” to ensure they will work properly.
Ultimately, protecting your skin from the sun is one of the best ways to prevent aging and wrinkles. Using any combination of these six tips can ensure that you have a fun and carefree summer without having to worry about your skin!